01-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #67
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
That's the problem in our society. People have been convinced that they need (must have) an SUV. There are many threads with people saying they are expecting there first baby so need to sell the M4/3. Why??? My wife and I raised a family and never owned an SUV or a van or a station wagon. Our largest car was a 1998 540i and we did just fine.
well every family has different needs. for instance an SUV like GL fits our needs well : family of 5 getting around comfortably with plenty of space for everyone, occasionally need the 2 extra back seats when travelling with parents / in-laws / friends, enough storage to go onto a ski trip with all our equipment and other stuff needed for the trips. if i have the money, sure, why not have the AMG / M version of it... do we "need (must have)" it? sure no. but same can be said has even having a sedan - you can rent / uber for all your needs. but that's not gonna be the best / most efficient experience...

i understand where you are coming from, everyone got bias from own experience. i for one don't understand why on earth anyone will get a mini-van instead of a GLS / X7
Appreciate 0