10-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Name some useful tech, please. I'm curious what you think may be useful that others would think only a "brainlet" would like.
You need me to walk you through advancements in automotive technology since the last generation of 3-series?

Sorry, but I'm not too fond of having a microphone inside my car always listening and transmitting data through a cellular network, having artificial sound pumped through the speakers, electronic e-brake, collision and lane control(lmao), automatic-updates to your computer, or any other frivolous toys that violate the original automotive ethos of BMW and driving enthusiasm. If you think those things are positives in a car you should be buying the new Hyundai or Chevy commuter - maybe a Tesla, not a BMW. The morons who suck up this garbage are the ones who give BMWs a bad name in the first place, don't know how to drive or follow basic rules of the road, etc. The mindless yuppies who have to have the newest iPhone.

Sure those things are fine for a commuter, someone who doesn't really care about driving, "normie" if you will. But having those things that intrude on a raw driving experience while going for "the ultimate driving machine" is pretty ridiculous to me. All-in-all, every new release feels like BMW is going farther and farther in the wrong direction.(In my opinion)

Last edited by Fritzer; 10-23-2018 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
lab_rat394.50