11-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #25
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
Nice. Thanks for the information! I’m wondering if I’ll notice any performance benefits from the catted DP until we wait for ‘21s DME to be cracked. Or if a JB4 and catted DP will play nice.
Sure...hope it helped.

Fuel-It! from the forum, who often posts regarding JB4 and other Burger products, is a partner of BMS and his products are sold by BMS (I would therefore consider him an expert when it comes to JB+, JB4). That said he recently shared the following regarding BMS Piggybacks & DPs "BMS doesn't suggest DP for any B58 model, the factory DP flows pretty well and if you replace it you'll have odor and warranty problems. Gains with DP maybe 15whp."

For info on performance gains on a stock car - I read a post earlier today from someone that installed a DP on their otherwise stock F36 B58. Long story short he did see some performance gains. Obviously not exactly apples to apples for us with our G20's but pretty darn close and probably worth a read.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=24

**edit** ps- if you do read the post I linked above, keep in mind the exhaust on the Fxx B58 cars is much different than ours so his sound impressions would not be applicable to us

Last edited by chenry; 11-08-2020 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: added ps
Appreciate 1
russell21147.00