View Single Post
      11-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
sathyam340
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb3473 View Post
My 330e (Feb 2020) is a great car, but has numerous creaks, rattles and cracking sounds. All very minor but they drive me mad. I think I 've fixed them all!

1. Rear parcelshelf. Fixed by a) taping up loose black tabs in the boot (trunk)underneath the centre rear seat belt b) Gummi Flege the water seals around the boot.

2. B Pillar creaks on both sides. Fixed by a) rear door, pulling back the rubber down the B pillar and spraying silicon lube into the gaps in the B pillar clips plastic surround. b) opening the front doors and adding felt tape to the B pillar trim on the side of the door.

3. Drivers door card cracking where I place my elbow when driving ( on the elbow rest). Fixed by: Unscrewed two screws and unclipped the door card (had to buy new clips from BMW) Glued foam between the door card and the metal frame of the door. Now solid as a rock!

4. Sunroof cracking whenever the body flexes. Fixed by a) buying BMW sunroof lube and following the Service Bulletin for the sun blind b) adjusting the wind deflector slightly by 2mm forwards c) liberal gummi flege around sunroof seals and d) removing the sun visor light and inserting a lot of foam to stop any flexing making a noise.

5. Centre dome light creaking. Fixed by removing the microphone grill, removing two screws and unclipping the unit, adding felt tape everywhere and also adding thick foam behind. Replaced unit and now solid!

6. Rear doors creaking. Fixed by inserting felt tape into the gap in the corner by the B pillar between the door trim and the door card.

None of these 'fixes' are visible' and I've spent about £20 on BMW clips, adhesive felt and lubricants (silicon, gummi flege) but much better than the dealer having a go and after 3 days telling me there is nothing wrong!
B-pillar creak/pop drives me crazy. I am noticing more like pops when the car goes over rough roads. Can you share some images of the location where you applied the felt tape and lube. I tried the same on door side. However need to try the silicone lube.
Appreciate 0