View Single Post
      07-19-2019, 10:31 PM   #11
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

@ jmg

I was in the "middle" DCT shift mode i.e. 2 of the 3 horizontal bars were illuminated and was in M Dynamic mode the entire time. I did not want DSC intervening and diluting the experience. It certainly did not.

Again, it was not a lack of power or torque that disappointed me. It was the rough shifting feel, delayed start from a dead stop, slow shift speeds when not hammering it, the power band characteristics, and sound from the driver's seat that I felt were a bit disappointing after reading so many positive things about the M2C. Perhaps my expectations were just too high or I've simply been spoiled by other transmissions and/or engines that suited my tastes better.

I'm not giving up on it though. Need to somehow test a 6-speed manual M2C along with trying the S55 + DCT combo at the upcoming M Track Days event. My understanding is that their M4 is used for lapping the road course while the M2C is unfortunately used for auto-x exercises only. Still, the M4 should give me a decent idea of what the S55 + DCT can do on track compared to my current car.