02-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #20
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I've worked in the industry for over 10 years.

The modules don't go bad in 10 years. lol. They are all warrantied out to 20 or 25 with production guarantees. Make sure they are using a Tier 1 and you will be fine. Not the bloomberg tier 1 ranking as it is only based on money, not facts.

DO NOT use SolarEdge for your inverter. Use the latest model Enphase. SolarEdge sucks. Bad CS, bad optimizers, etc.

Pay cash, do not lease, if you can afford to do so. You will be MUCH better off.

Roof leaks are covered under warranty and you can choose what mounting method you want for as few or many roof penetrations as you want.

Solar works almost everywhere. 7 year payback for the OP is pretty good. I don't think any states have incentives that will get you to 5 or under anymore.

Snow will sheet off your roof and can damage what is below. I have seen it take out parts of porches, railings, etc. when a large sheet of snow and ice comes off a 1 or 2 story.

Some of the misinformation in the thread is appalling.
When you say roof leaks are covered, is that the roof repair, damage to ceiling, wood floors, etc. inside as well?