Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Bill ee, did you do anything besides saturation? I really like how the sky pops with the highlighting and rays.

If you like, DxO's Optics Pro 5.3 will automatically correct for that lens disortion of the straight lines near the edges curving. I use DxO for my RAW conversion and automatic correction for geometric lens and body errors and then use PS for more serious adjusting. The DxO allows lots of adjustments to saturation, contrast, dynamic range, straightening horisons, etc., so most of my images don't go into PS. I find that DxO does a much better job than Canon's software and is much easier to use for these type adjustments than PS.

Getting rid of lens distortion used to be no big thing to me, until I processed my first batch through DxO and saw the before and after. Now I notice it on the images of others and have become an apostle for DxO. Sorry, I'm not meaning to take away from a nice image.

Dave
lol it's okay.
i really don't remember what i did, i believe i used the burn tool, adjusted the color balance, and contrast a little bit. i re-did the pic though cause you can see a line at the very top from my bad burning skills.
these are the 2 new ones i just fixed, i like the 2nd one. it seems to pop out more, but it does look like i fixed it up a bit too much.

Appreciate 0