View Single Post
      05-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #107
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Yeah, I see that bright highlight. With orange cars you really need to be careful with color balance. I think the "Before" was too warm, but I think your adjusted balance is a bit too green. You probably needed to mask the car and get its color balance where you wanted it (I like where you have it) and do a separate balance on the background. You might consider taking the background to sepia or B&W and keep the car orange. It would really pop then.

Speaking of background, realize that I'm old fashioned and behind the times, the angle doesn't bother me too much, but that building in the background annoys me. You could Clone out that building, if you agree.

I'd try to bring up the details in the wheels a little, if the pixels are there.

About the angle on the horizon, I like angles, but when the horizon gets close to horizontal, but not all the way, then you risk people thinking that you simply didn't pay attention to the horizon. Personally, I'd straighten the horizon OR increase the angle. Still, I see all you guys doing lots and lots of angles, so I'm open to your interpretations and discussion of when and why to use angles. The crop is so close to the rear of the car, you may not have many options with the angle now.

Dave
i agree with a lot of what you said. to be honest, the only reason i decided to crop the car was to get rid of the distracting structure in the bg. i probably wouldve taken the time to clone it out like you said, but i was in such an uncomfortable and awkward position; my accuracy with the trackpad was shot.

its also funny that you mention the lack of detail in the wheel. i posted this before and after on my 'wall photo's on facebook where i mentioned 'i dont like how dark the wheels are'

thanks for the input though, its the whole reason i post these edits
Appreciate 0