10-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #37
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
I like the 8 series and think it's one of their better modern designs. I don't see the correlation between an 8 series and a 4 series. Besides that would be a huge compliment for the 4 series. Also, there's nothing wrong with the M340i grills, if you don't like the standard style you can get the regular version found on the 330i. I think some are just rambling for rambling sake when they aren't in the market for either car.

G20 grills are just a mild update of the prior gen so don't see what the big deal is. G22 I can understand since that has the revolutionary grill which deviated from what was customary.
The 8 series comparison is actually one of my complaints. BMW obviously realizes that it can't sell the bugs bunny grills to folks with expensive tastes so it will try to force us to get the ugly grills if we don't want to pay >$100K for a new car.

I can afford the 8 series but I won't be forced into buying one because the company is making the other series ugly. There are too many other fish in the sea.
Appreciate 0