View Single Post
      10-31-2020, 02:36 PM   #55
rcass1300
Rep
Drives: 2018 blue X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3erMan View Post
I'm just one opinion, and this isn't to detract from opinions of others, but I'm one who actually decided against buying a 440i and instead ordered an M340i. My previous BMW was an e92 coupe, and I would have preferred sticking with a 2 door. I occasionally, but not frequently, have a 3rd or 4th passenger. I generally prefer a coupe body style.

For me, it's not only the grille. It's the fact that the lines and dimensions have evolved into something too similar to other cars. The headlight shapes (which were my favorite styling feature of the e92) seem a little too thin and slanted. I prefer smaller cars, and I would have chosen an M240i coupe instead, although there are things about the M340i that I prefer over the 2 series.

Again, just one person's opinion. I have no doubt the new 4 series is a great car, and I'm proud and grateful that BMW continues to offer several 2 door coupe models when other manufacturers are ditching them. The world is better for it.

It's easy to poke fun at the grille design, but that doesn't mean it was a styling mistake necessarily. I'm eager to see what BMW continues to do with its styling innovation in the future. I won't like every design they come out with, but I don't like all of their designs throughout history, either. Not everything can be an e9 coupe.
I didn't like it at first but after seeing it in person and taking it for a test drive, I ordered one yesterday. I had a 2017 M240i and can say the M440i handled just as great and was faster than the M240i. Even though it is bigger It didn't feel bigger when I drove it. So now the wait for it to be built.
Appreciate 2
3erMan153.00