06-21-2021, 08:24 AM   #261
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
I guess the issue isnt the weeks delay but how it fits with the hotels your Mrs has booked!
Well here's the thing.....................................
........following the news of the slight setback(?!) on Friday my wife armed with a bottle of Absolute Vanilla and drawing upon her extensive albeit now somewhat historic PA skills set about changing all the hotel bookings to a fortnight further ahead (allowing an extra week of leeway should any other problems manifest themselves). Several hours later she emerged from a haze of vodka triumphantly announcing that she had successfully re-arranged all the bookings, one in particular for an even better one than we had first seen - bonus) whilst I had sorted out the one-way car hire and a host of other re-schedulings.

First thing this morning the dealer phoned me to gleefully announce that the status had changed on my car at 9am it is now showing 9200 Port of Exit and BMW(AG) have moved it back to wk 26 delivery!!!!

......you couldn't bloody write it!!!

I'm starting to wonder if they've managed to find a tug and a raft in a historic re-make of the legendary Kon-Tiki Expedition!

Have told the dealer to hold the presses and if it now turns up even earlier than expected then he'll have to hang on to it and store it but please not in a muddy field under a large tree full of crows' nests! I think my wife's response was, "Well I'm not bloody changing all them again!"
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18775.50