02-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #26
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Sucralose found in the powder you're using has a negative effect on gut flora (among other things). About 70% of your immune system is in the gut (called the GALT) so if you're destroying your gut, your immune system is negatively affected. If you're destroying the gut, you can't break down other foods. Digesting this concoction in general is difficult on the gut/body.

What is "natural and artificial flavor"? Calcium caseinate may be MSG. Can you absorb this protein?
The sucralose I'm not too personally worried about. It's not a high dose, and I feel good about taking that in vs all of the nasty foods and processed sugars I have already cut out of my diet. The benefit of the overall product it is in outweighs the drawbacks of the sweetener (to me at least).

The calcium caseinate is simply casein protein. Casein breaks down slower than other proteins such as whey. It is just as safe but metabolizes slower. It's often taken before bed to supply the body with sustained nutrition overnight.

As far as the "natural and artificial flavors"... I'm fine with that, especially since the drink tastes like cake mix before being baked. Mmmm mmm...

Last edited by Spec 1; 02-04-2010 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0