10-15-2023, 10:52 AM   #361
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
BimmerTech can sell you a PnP harness for the PP86DSP and F3x HiFi system, and it will use the OEM amp 12v/ground to power the DSP - full PnP.
Now I’m even more confused. So the regular/non-bimmertech PP86DSP CAN be powered via system connector. In your prior reply, you said it couldn’t be powered via system connector, which is what the manual states as well.

I have 12v and ground pins + wires on my harness but wasn’t planning on connecting them bc of what manual says and what you said in your last post. Now it sounds like I can connect them and don’t need 12v direct from battery? Can I just connect these and source power from harness? Seems like it would be the equivalent of the bimmertech harness.

Anyways that’s the least of my worries.

I’ve read that OEM HU sends low level balanced signal at 5v. The PP86DSP accepts high level input 5v-11v. It seems that since signal is 5v, I can just cutoff RCAs. I’ve been out of the car audio loop for the past 20 years. This is where I’m stuck..
  • Do I simply cut off the RCAs and connect to system connector inout?
  • Do you cut off RCAs and connect to the 4 pin high level input connector that came with the amp?
  • Or do I need a LOC? Harness RCAs into LOC —> LOC output wires spliced into input wires of system connector harness.

I attached 2 pics. One is of my amp and PP ISO2 harness and connectors that came with it. The other is of a partially connected harness I’m trying to make. I don’t have subs yet so those are off to the side. Also seems like center out will be capped too. The RCAs are confusing me bc as you can see I don’t have RCA input on my amp.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0