The BMW Concept i4 EV: A First Look Preview Before Geneva Debut

BIMMERPOST NEWS
The BMW Concept i4: a first look.
COMMENTS
Name:  BMW_i4-world-premiere-03.jpg
Views: 11712
Size:  236.7 KB

Updated March 2, 2020

Reminder that the virtual online premiere of the i4 Concept will take place tonight at 11:15 PM Pacific / 2:15 AM Eastern. To watch the debut, visit: http://www.youtube.com/BMWGroupView

And here's a new teaser image!

Press Release:

Attachment 2251033

Munich. The BMW Group will unveil its first pure-electric Gran Coupe on 3 March 2020 at the Geneva Motor Show. The BMW Concept i4 heralds a new era in Sheer Driving Pleasure; it provides a whole new take on the dynamic excellence for which BMW is renowned and blends a modern, elegantly sporty design with the spaciousness and practicality of a four-door Gran Coupe – all while generating zero local emissions.

“The BMW Concept i4 brings electrification to the core of the BMW brand,” says Adrian van Hooydonk, Senior Vice President BMW Group Design. “The design is dynamic, clean and elegant. In short: a perfect BMW that happens to be zero emission.”

BMW i4 EV Specs

The BMW i4 EV will feature:

• 530 hp from a 80-kilowatt-hour battery, producing about 390 kilowatts (approximately 530hp)
• 373 miles range (on European WLTP cycle); expect the US number to be a bit less, probably around 340-350 miles
• 0-62 in 4 seconds flat
• Electronically limited top speed of 120 mph
• 80% charge in about 35 minutes (on 150-kW DC fast charger)
• Adds 62 miles of range in about 6 minutes (compare to current i3, which takes 17 min to do the same)
• Generation 5 battery packs
• significantly smaller than the Generation 3 and 4 packs used in current BMW EVs
• easier to package in the vehicle's floor, and allows them to be more easily scaled for smaller or larger applications
• stronger, meaning they can better handle fast-charging situations
• battery module will weigh roughly 1,200 pounds, all of which will be packaged as low as possible in the vehicle's floor, directly between the front and rear axles

According to our future models info, the i4 will be named i430 and i440. And the long wheelbase models will be called i330L and i340L (China only model).

[/b][/indent]

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 4
JustChris17483.00
Poodle64.50
clee1982797.50