View Single Post
      03-21-2020, 10:31 PM   #42
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Interesting - I would have thought you had the DCT based on the transmission comments! The 20" wheels were not a good "fit" for the M3 - it ruined the ride and... well the car was just not made for those wheels (they don't even use them at the PCD).

I have the 19s (18s now in winter) and just freaking love my M3 (ok, not the color - I wanted YOUR color - but my dealer strongly encouraged me to take what I could find since they were stopping production - he was wrong, they made the car for 9 more months...)

My point is, I love my car and I can putter to work 0-40-0, or I can co crazy and it seems to be fine either way. I do think the 340 would be tempting, but man, I need my manual trans
My 2016 M3 had the 18 inch wheels and I did not get the adaptive suspension. The 2017 comp package car by comparison was much more refined.

The M340 does not give up much at all in the performance department and it is just SO smooth and comfortable. There is non of the lurching and jerking that came with the M3. The B58 engine is awesome. The ZF transmission perfectly tuned.

I understand the actual M3 appeals to many. It is a great car if that is what you are looking for. I agree that the 18 and 19 inch wheels are better in terms of looks and ride quality.

Let me put my Helmut on.... I am not at all a fan of the digital dash. Give me a nice quality set of real old fashioned round gauges any day.
Appreciate 2