View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #5
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I don't know...I feel like there's only so many things you can do with the daytime running light. The old BMW halo lights were basically copied by everyone (in some way) and then everyone started copying Audi's light design. There's no wow factor anymore with headlight design. The other day I saw a really nice headlight in my rear view mirror and thought oh this is going to be something nice. Turned out to be some 50-60 year old lady driving a Nissan Murano.
I do this constantly. I see stuff a ways off in my rear view and get excited to see what it is.....and when it gets closer I realize it's a Chrysler/Nissan/Hyndai/etc and it's actually really annoying

Like you stated though, almost all brands are copying one or the other now so it's difficult to stand out. I get what BMW is doing by changing theirs to make them look more aggressive/different and I actually don't mind some of them. I'm sure it's irritating to some of the more die-hards since they're not the signature halos but still. I prefer the new style lights as opposed to the new style grilles so I guess 1 out of 2 ain't too bad