03-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #23
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
This is tough, ultimately I want a M4GC but no clue if it will even be made this generation, if it is I am guessing 2022 introduction.

My M3 is turning 4 this September, only 19,000 miles but the cost of extended warranty and maintenance seems pretty high and at the same time I couldn't see owning a high cost car like that without a warranty...

So do I go for a used M5 (really don't want anything longer than 190" though) or a X3M, wait for new M3 (1 year?) or just extend warranty for something like 3 years and wait for M4GC

Probably something in between, go for X3M now, keep for 3 years and hopefully M4GC is made.
19k miles is nothing. Man up and own a car for more than 3 or 4 years. What happened to enthusiasts?! Car enthusiasts used to be real peeps who bought cars they loved and kept them for years...in the past few years I've seen the softening of these enthusiasts into becoming just consumers and materialists who barely even drive their cars and buy another.

Old school enthusiasts would giggle at current enthusiasts. Get to a 100k miles on a car and THEN you will know how to drive it...keep a car 10 years. Don't buy the hype. With every generation BMW M cars are getting WORSE to drive not better...so enjoy what you have. Spending money on maintenance is cheaper and smarter than spending money on a new car!!!
seis-speed2430.50
kyrix1st2356.50
Brasko1419.00
Sedan_Clan24973.00