View Single Post
      03-11-2019, 04:00 AM   #26
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
19k miles is nothing. Man up and own a car for more than 3 or 4 years. What happened to enthusiasts?! Car enthusiasts used to be real peeps who bought cars they loved and kept them for years...in the past few years I've seen the softening of these enthusiasts into becoming just consumers and materialists who barely even drive their cars and buy another.

Old school enthusiasts would giggle at current enthusiasts. Get to a 100k miles on a car and THEN you will know how to drive it...keep a car 10 years. Don't buy the hype. With every generation BMW M cars are getting WORSE to drive not better...so enjoy what you have. Spending money on maintenance is cheaper and smarter than spending money on a new car!!!
This is so right, it’s something I’ve been guilty of myself and I can feel myself changing to this mindset.

A few years ago i saw spy pics of the new models and was practically phoning my dealer with a deposit. Now I just think, yeah nice, and happily keep enjoying my own car. Not that I’ve had it long, but I’m going to make a point of keeping it and enjoy it.
Appreciate 1
10"4966.00