View Single Post
      03-29-2019, 03:17 PM   #33
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
19k miles is nothing. Man up and own a car for more than 3 or 4 years. What happened to enthusiasts?! Car enthusiasts used to be real peeps who bought cars they loved and kept them for years...in the past few years I've seen the softening of these enthusiasts into becoming just consumers and materialists who barely even drive their cars and buy another.

Old school enthusiasts would giggle at current enthusiasts. Get to a 100k miles on a car and THEN you will know how to drive it...keep a car 10 years. Don't buy the hype. With every generation BMW M cars are getting WORSE to drive not better...so enjoy what you have. Spending money on maintenance is cheaper and smarter than spending money on a new car!!!
I could argue the complete opposite, enthusiast should want to drive MORE cars in their lifetime than just a few. years ago there weren't many options now there are endless ones (hell just look at how many choices there are for small SUVs with 400+ HP). Also as someone else said the technology is changing faster than ever, 5 years between cars is a big difference now, look at tech and performance numbers between generations (the new M340i xdrive will almost keep up with a G80 M3 on the street). Why be trapped to one car, you only live once
Appreciate 0