View Single Post
      03-13-2024, 02:46 PM   #536
M340ix.be
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 M340ixdrive touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by M340ix.be View Post
Thanks for the update. Connected drive issue solved (bug between the car and BMW server solved by deleting the car from the myBmw App yesterday evening and reconnecting everything this morning)

I'm not sure, but as we are discussing about front diff, the noise seems to also impact RWD cars (need to check in the thread) ==> that would unlink the source of noise and the front diff.

Next tests I'll do :
- check (again) front wishbones and tension strut for play
- maybe put some balancing masses on the brake dust shield to see if this might be the part resonating ==> it would affect the frequency of the noise if linked.
Hello there,

I finally had time to look a bit more to my car after my holliday.

Switched back to summer tires (Michelin Pilot super sport 225 -255) and changed my wheels for 18" M662 (8"front 9"rear).

I've added some weight to the brake dust shield in the process (adhesive wheel balance blocks). I also tried to clean them as much as possible.

I don't really know what is responsible of the improvement but the noise is really much less noticeable or changed frequency (lower) !!!

I have read in another thread about vibration affecting the G30-31 5 series linked with hub/brake disc/wheel assembly going slightly out of balance. ==> as we are based on the same platform, it might be linked with brake component resonating.

I'll try one of their "easiest" solution which is perfectly centering the wheel on the hub and adding friction rings between the disc and the wheel (34 10 6 884 839)
Appreciate 0