10-15-2019, 11:43 PM   #4
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Ok the winter season is fast approaching so let's use this thread to document how to go about winter mode on the G20. Hopefully this helps people figure out what fits. Post your setup!

I just installed my kit and I think it is FANTASTIC. Highly recommended for a performance OEM look. I bought via Tire Rack for a little under $2k pre-tax including TPMS. Installed without any issues, perfectly balanced, and tires seem to handle quite well even in today's dry 60F weather here. I live up a bunch of hills and drive in typical cold wet conditions with occasional snow and will also do some trips into the mountains. My car is an xDrive.

MSW (OZ) Type 73 wheels, 5x112
Centerbore 72.6(?) Hub center rings included for BMW 66.6, fits snug
19 x 8 ET30 square setup
Wheel bolts included look like a slightly larger cone seat than OEM bolts so I used them (although they're silver)
BMW center caps fit perfectly

Pirelli Sottozero 3 performance winter tires
Size 235/40/19 (1.2% taller than OEM square setup)

This setup compared to OEM by the numbers pushes toward outer fender by 2 mm in the front and sits at the fender the same in the rear although looks like a couple mm pushed out.

Bolt torque 103 ft-lb
Tire pressure 38 PSI all around

The pics...

OEM summer 792M with staggered PS4S:

Winter mode

OEM strut clearance

Winter set strut clearance

Close ups

Fender aspect
Looks great! Would those 235's fit on stock square setup rims? I was gonna keep the stock 8" for winter and shop for rims that could support wider tires for summer. Wouldn't mind putting 235's for winter.
Appreciate 2