01-09-2022, 10:08 AM   #18
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
In my twenties, my radar detector was a must. Now, I don't even get a second glance while shamelessly neglecting posted speed limits. Hell, some of the local police even wave at me. I had one recently, who I thought was going to pull me over; just happened to be going to the same place I was and then talked to me in the parking lot about how much he liked my car.

Age and nice car I guess.
So in Virginia, where detectors are illegal, it's pointless to use one. If you are a Virginia resident, the police just confiscate your equipment after they pull you over. If you get hit with instant-on and slow down, the police pull you over anyway and give you a ticket and take your equipment. My V1 has sat unused for some past 20 years...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0