Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF87M2 View Post
Yes , when you think of the E30 M3 usually tou think about that red E30 M3 as well... the only think that turns me down is that is not a proper M engine but a hybrid , which is not bad , i think e30 M3 , E36 M3 , E46 M3 used as well blocks from BMW , and M modified the whole engine , but they got S code in front , in the M2 and 1M they couldnt do S code since there was already S54 and S55 ..
lol people will say the same thing when the next M engine becomes a real hybrid with a 48volt electric assist to meet the next set of euro emission standards.

anyways...i would just buy the car you like and drive it...and not look at it as a investment. investment wise you'd probably make more money investing $60k-80k into index funds over 20yrs then a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF87M2 View Post
Yes , when you think of the E30 M3 usually tou think about that red E30 M3 as well... the only think that turns me down is that is not a proper M engine but a hybrid , which is not bad , i think e30 M3 , E36 M3 , E46 M3 used as well blocks from BMW , and M modified the whole engine , but they got S code in front , in the M2 and 1M they couldnt do S code since there was already S54 and S55 ..
lol people will say the same thing when the next M engine becomes a real hybrid with a 48volt electric assist to meet the next set of euro emission standards.

anyways...i would just buy the car you like and drive it...and not look at it as a investment. investment wise you'd probably make more money investing $60k-80k into index funds over 20yrs then a car.

Of course not considering the car as investment , just have to decide before the M2CS comes . Hybrid will come until 2025 for sure , and as they told , by 2030 all M cars will be full electric ! Maybe M will be call iM as well since X series are called iX3 for example , since then i think all current M cars will appreciate since real sound will be rare . I think im sticking to my OG M2 , i like simplicity , raw and old school . Had the opportunity to buy an M4 as well but prefer all the way the M2 . Anyways , Thanks M for their production range , nowadays cars like M2/3/4 are rare , especially M2 , doesnt even have a real rival .