Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaalrasha View Post
Meh ... put them on a track an see which handles better ... that'd be the Merc... The C43 is an AMG product (car setup to be a sport car) minus few thing... the M340 is just a 3 series with a bigger engine, not much else and ultimately it's not setup as a sport car... It's still very good and capable of course but the feel is so different.
Wrong on all accounts, the 340 is faster and handles better than the C43 and taking them to the track will be even worse for the C43. Just so you know the C43 is not a real AMG either in the same way the M340i is not a real M3. However, both are direct competitors and one happens to sound better, looks is subjective so we won't get into that. The fact is the 3 series wins in performance. lol at C43 set up to be a sport car, who knew ....joke of the day.
I would think that the C43 could do well on a track. Its a very good car with good power and handling. But lets think about this for a second,... of the general M340/C43 population, how many people will realistically tracking their car often. I would think if you are tracking, you would just step up to a full fledged M3/4/C63. In the end these are more likely to be daily drivers, so arguing about which will perform best on a track will likely not matter to most.
The funny thing is the C43 handles better and is much stiffer like a proper sports car , not a Lexus. I've driven both and owned a C43.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00