11-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #10
CSL335i
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: M2 and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by srim3 View Post
Past owners can still access car data/remote control options from BMW Connected App!

I sold my M2 in 2016 but never got to remove it from my profile in the BMW Connected iOS app. Just now I happen to check the app, and I still have the M2 profile and am able to access it. The new owner may not know about it that who ever bought it from the dealership I sold it to.

It also gives me option to remote lock/unlock, flash headlights too under the remote app.

And it does show the current mileage, Fuel Level etc.

This is crazy! I will call BMW Connected and let them know. Seems like they don't have a way to automatically disable the profile from BMW connected app when the previous owner sold their cars.

Thought I would let you all know and please make sure to update with BMW connected app and make sure they disable the previous owners from accessing the info.
If you sell your car, you should DELETE your car under your BMW Connected app or under connected drive web site (both of them requires your connected drive account, which used during the car registration).

If the new user register the car with connected app or under Connected Drive site, i think this registration also removes the car from your profile, but to be on the safe side, you should remove it first.
Appreciate 0