View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 06:06 PM   #12
Howshnaz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I went for the 530e and loaded it with Nappa upholstery, leather dash, adaptive lights, adaptive suspension, etc. A huge advantage, in Phoenix area, is the ability to use the phone app to turn on the AC. In the summer when I am golfing and the car has been sitting in the sun for five hours, I take out my phone after the 17th hole, turn on the AC, and when I get to the car, it is nice and comfortable. It is way better than remote start.

While I would prefer more power, I have always had adequate power (I don't track a car) including passing on steep hills on a road with a 65 mph speed limit (Carefree Highway coming back from Peoria toward Scottsdale). I would be tempted to wait for the alleged 545e but it is not clear that this vehicle will ever make it to the states.

The 530e with the Nappa upholstery will meet most of your needs. I have the added benefit of being able to drive in the car pool lane (I an grandfathered into that) but you won't have that option.

I had a 3 series before my 5 series. The crappy interior on the 3 series is why I upgraded. With Nappa upholstery, multi-contour seats (I love the way the wings tighten and hug me after I put on my seatbelt) the 5 series is very nice. I do like a smaller more maneuverable car.

An added benefit of the five series is that the car seat will be easier to fit.

If you don't track your car, and you want more power, the 540i should give you that.
I appreciate that you understand the need for remote start in Phoenix lol. To be honest, the 5 series is so boring looking to me that it would have to at least be the m550i for me to be somewhat excited about. Even then I would probably add some m performance accessories like the spoiler etc.
Appreciate 0