View Single Post
      04-15-2023, 10:09 AM   #114
cool7
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

I wish I saw this post earlier.
I have my Viofo hardwired with Cellink Neo battery. But even I turn Viofo off when parked in garage, it still drain Neo completely after a few days. I monitor the circult for a while, found BMW wakes up by itself after a while, that triggered camera to power up and then switch to
parking mode.

Is there a way to fix this behaviour? I really like my Viofo setup and don't want to spend another grand and half for BMW advanced eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I don’t think you need the Viofo wiring accessory. It regulates the voltage coming from your battery when the dashcam is hard wired, but without a Cellink Neo battery. You can set the level of car battery voltage that you want to shut down the dashcam before it discharges your car battery too much.
Blackvue has a similar product…Power Magic Pro. I used this before in an F30 335i before switching to a Cellink Neo.

The Neo battery bypasses the need to use this product as it is independent of the car’s battery.

One thing you should be aware of, and this is dependent on how you use your car…….
In my case, my car is parked in the garage for long periods of time.
The car periodically does electrical system checks. During this time the circuit is triggered to start charging the Neo battery, it then closes the circuit after a short period of time.
In my case, I had some problems with my sunroof where it would freeze in the open or closed positions because the car battery had been drained and the sunroof had “lost” its settings. I could not rectify the problem myself and each time had to take the car to the dealer to fix the issue.
The dealer kept the car for a 12 hr battery and electrical systems check.
The bottom line to this long story is that I was advised to remove the Blackvue and Neo battery and replace it with a BMW ACE. I wasn’t keen to do this, but eventually I did. I haven’t had a problem since.

Now….if, unlike me, you use your car normally and drive it regularly, you should not have a problem with your dashcams, Neo…..or sunroof!!
Just thought I should pass this on to people.

BTW, I put the BlackVue and Cellink Neo in the VW Golf (that we use to transport our Cocker Spaniels to and from the beach - wet and sandy!!) and it works perfectly. The Golf is less sophisticated than the Beemer and handles the Neo without a problem, even though it also is left stationary in the garage for long periods of time. Incredibly, the Auto Stop Start function works first time, every time, after a long period of time in the garage and I do not have to charge the car battery like I seem to have to with the Beemer.
Sometimes Less is More
Appreciate 0