Drives: 2018 M5, M3 ZCP, M3 CS

Garage List
2021 BMW G80   [0.00]
2018 F80 ZCP  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
My review of Armytrix Full Catback Exhuast

Hi all,

I ordered the Armytrix exhaust for my G20 330i and thought I would write a review here if anyone was interested.

Armytrix Sport Cat Downpipe w/ 200 CPSI Catalytic Converter +
https://www.armytrixusa.com/armytrix...152674095.html

The main reason why I chose Armytrix over other brands was because of their valvetronic system. Using the remote/app to control the valves to either open/close. Many other brands didn’t have that and this was something that I wanted. I didn’t want everyone in my apartment building to all wake up in the morning as I head out pretty early for work, and especially those cold starts in the winter.

The installation was fairly easy, everything fit into the correct place from my 200cell downpipe to the catback. My exhaust tips were not really extended out a lot, I wanted it to stick out just a little bit more than the original stock tip. But there is actually a lot of room for it to extend out if you like that style.

For the sound, I was amazed at how quiet it can be when the valve is closed. It sounds the same as the stock exhaust with the valve open in sport mode. I had no problems with it during those cold starts in March when I got the exhaust (yes it’s been a while).

In the video below, the revs in the beginning were with the valve closed, and then with the valve open and a couple of fly bys. Around 2k-3k rpm in sport mode when slowing down, it likes to have quieter but still noticeable burbles that sound identical to a M3/M4 with MPE.
It’s nice to have those loud burbles at higher rpms and at the same time the quieter but a bunch of more burbles at the lower rpms.

Update : My car didn’t come with the sport plus mode so everything that was shot on the video was in sport mode. After getting sport plus coded into my car, the exhaust sounds even better now. In sport plus, I get a lot more burbles, and everything just sounds a bit deeper than in sport mode. Especially in the lower rpms range, the burbles can last up to 2-3 seconds and it just sounds so good as it’s not too loud but not super quiet and is just perfect for my liking. I will try to film some more shots in sport plus mode this week.

I took a quick video last night showing the quieter burbles at 2-3k rpms, that was in sport plus mode. Also included a couple of fly bys in sport plus.

Back in March there were very few brands that had exhausts for the G20 330i and almost no videos on youtube. I’m glad I went with Armytrix and how the exhaust turned out.

Sport mode only :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev84vzn2ih...0330i.mp4?dl=0
Spot Plus mode only : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7s5pel98q...4uQ2a_woa?dl=0
It’s the same car in all the videos, had my bumpers changed and wrapped the whole car + new
wheels.

If you have any questions or want a specific video of the sound of the exhaust please let me know!

Last edited by chunll2001; 08-27-2020 at 12:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1941.50
Inke24.00