Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Have you tried CarPlay with another phone it sounds like you have a suspect Assist/GPS setup or hardware on your iphone CarPlay does not use the car's GPS antenna

Try checking it with the Life360 app where someone in the family/group can monitor your phone location independently from CarPlay
To your first point, yeah tried 3 different phones.
To your second point I'm not sure what you're suggesting...use an app to see...what exactly?

To add a further data point, I live in a place where US spec cars are sold in a foreign country. I've talked to a number of other folks who have the same exact issue with carplay on ID7.
Life360 is a location app similar to find my phone app. My wife, I and kids are on it and it allows anyone in the group to see the whereabouts of the others. It is fairly accurate and shows their speed when driving etc. If everyone is jumping around as you describe it could be a network issue or just you then it may be your phone but as you said you have tried it with other phones. Have you tried it with another network provider? What happens when you use Apple maps directly off the phone in the car without it connected to CarPlay? Any chance of speaking to a local Korean dealer about the issue

Just trying to isolate if it is the phone (which you have established is not the problem), Phone Network or the Carplay setup in a US spec BMW. In the meantime i will look into the FDL settings of the HU on my car which unfortunately in this case is an EU spec unit

OK had a look at the FDL coding in the HU and there are too many country specific parameters that may be causing the problem.

My only suggestion is if you can find someone with ESys or download a copy of ESys software (free) without the add on software and buy an Enet cable for about $25 You can temporarily modify the FA (Vehicle Order) from the US Version 800? to 802 (Korean) and VO code only the HU and see if that makes any difference?

I came across a forum member from Korea called "Freelancer withour work" on one of the coding threads. Not sure where he resides in Korea but he seems very switched on with ESys coding and advanced retrofitting in his G20. He has a web page on You Tube showing all his modifications and coding procedures.

https://www.youtube.com/c/freedong
Maybe send him a PM and he might be able to help after all you have nothing to loose at this stage

Last edited by Bambazonke; 04-22-2022 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0