View Single Post
      07-21-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i Gran Coupe

G20 Working 3rd Party Wireless Charger!

Hey guys! So I've seen a few others post about how annoying it is to have a G20 with the digital key card feature (NFC) but not the wireless charging.

I can happily say I've found a wireless charging solution for those of us that did not get the wireless charging option from the factory. I've included the link to the wireless charger on Amazon below. I can confirm that it does work perfectly and fits extremely well in the phone tray.

In the description it does indicate that it will not work if the car has NFC and it also indicates that you need to remove the rubber tray liner before installing. Both of those seem to be false. Its working flawlessly in my car (Yes, unfortunately Apple Pay is still triggered sometimes).

I installed it with no issues and did not remove the rubber tray liner. From what I've noticed it charges my phone about 5% every 30 minutes or so. It uses the existing USB port in the cupholders and in my opinion looks fantastic.

I can post pictures of my install if people want to see what it actually looks like!

Wireless Charger Link: https://www.amazon.com/CarQiWireless...5381995&sr=8-2

Last edited by exhibhooligan; 07-22-2020 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
Hysnbrg192.50