09-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #38
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopez12808 View Post
So if it's a lease completely avoid a flash then?
**Disclaimer** I am happily flashed with Mission Performance :-)

No flash away just be aware that if you have a failure that the dealer/BMW can attribute to the flash you will be paying out of pocket. This holds true for flashes, piggybacks or any other modifications for that matter.

While the dealer/BMW can more easily detect a flash vs a removed piggyback - be assured that if you have a failure a removed piggyback will be detected.

The good news is with basic stage 1 or 2 flashes by the major players (Mission, PTF, MHD, Carbauhn etc) or piggybacks (JB, Active, Race Chip etc) failures are few and far between - in fact I don't know of one with the B58 (any failures I have read about are by those that have pushed far beyond a stage 2 and introduced things such as meth etc..)

ps- despite rumors by a few posters there is presently no pro-active cancellation of warranties by BMW when a flash or piggyback is detected / there is also presently not an issue with leased vehicles that have been flashed or had a piggyback installed. While that may change at some point that is not the reality today in the US

Last edited by chenry; 09-16-2020 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: typos of course :-)
Appreciate 1
MAKH 588.50