View Single Post
      02-13-2020, 07:31 PM   #142
Razor2010
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M-Sport - M-LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraliaG20 View Post
Your thinking is exactly like mine... basically lots of questions and I honestly don't have the answer. I'll get a new box back, I'll put it in and see if there is a difference. I had the box since July and it never really felt like it worked properly, so I'm leaning towards fault in the box / map. But yea; I'll know more when I get another one, and a higher model that allows remote map updates etc. I can't complain about the service from TDI and they're adamant it should perform better.

I was surprised about the stock power readings at the wheels. But having had similar cars (2L turbo etc) it feels (butt dyno) like the readings are about right to be honest... and BMW have under rated the power. It's worth noting that I have the launch edition with a build date of 11/2018 - seems like the earlier models might have been a bit different.
I use to have a JDM RHD Sti7 bugeye with the 6 speed manual. Think it was claimed 276 bhp and similar TQ. Car weighed roughly 3,200 lbs. and was meant to run on 100 RON so I had it re-mapped for lower 95 RON along with changing to a fully decatted exhaust from the turbo back. I would imagine that with the safer remapp for 95 RON and free flowing exhaust it probably ended up back to about stock levels net. My 2020 330i with no-moonroof, M-Sport package and M-LSD is on a boat from Germany and should be arriving mid-March. With the no-moonroof option I am hoping it will be closer to 3,400 lbs. So curious how the 330i will feel in comparison to my old Sti7. I would imagine they will feel pretty close acceleration wise. Sti turbo didn’t kick in until about 3.8k rpms but had a redline at 8k. I am hoping the 330i is much more fun to drive around town with boost kicking in below 2k rpms. Really hoping the extra 200 lbs.+ of weight isn’t too noticeable. I know there are a lot of Sti7s down in Oz, you ever drive a Sti7 JDM spec?

What do you mean about the early build date, are they rumored to be higher rated from factory than recent builds?
Appreciate 0