View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 03:15 PM   #1494
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Former 135i owner, current M2C owner here...

A stock 135i in terms of handling is borderline trash, its suspension is designed on a bouncy damper that is made to fit Runflats... go drive the car after you replace the tires to a good tire like an Mpss. Your car will bounce and sway side to side like a trampoline... however; a 135i with proper rear toe arms (preferably steel bushing), nice coilovers and all subframe bushings replaced will drive very nicely... albeit it will feel very rough and still be super unreliable due to the N54... the M2 fixes all of that with a better, more modern balance and actual good looks. I could not see myself in a car of the 1 series class again... the regular M235i was such a solid upgrade in terms of an overall better car not even to mention an M2C.
I don’t know. My 135i (n55 version) with all new suspension arms, bushings, shocks/springs, camber plates, wheels/tires, sway bars, LSD, strut bar, etc. (not to mention the engine mods and custom tune) is way more fun than the M2. Now, it’s likely just down to the smaller size and much better steering feel, but I wouldn’t trade it for the M2 (haven’t driven the M2C, though.) Granted, we’re talking several thousand dollars in mods, so I’m not saying it’s a financially wise decision (unless maybe comparing to the 1M,) and I’d certainly take the M2C over any other current BMW.

The new Supra has an even shorter wheelbase, which is cool, but I’m skeptical about the steering, and no manual is a no-go for me.

Last edited by duder13; 02-14-2020 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
NickyC17344.50