tgrundke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M340xi; '16 GTI Autobahn

Garage List
2023 M340  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inNJ View Post
Hi there, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

To make a long story short, my beloved 2020 M340 was totaled when I was hit sitting at a stop sign. That was Dec 25 and after dealing with the at-fault driver's insurance for over a month, I placed an order for a 2023 M340i XDrive with pretty much the same feature set as my old one. The MSRP with the destination fee is $69,870.

This is my third BMW and the second one I bought from this particular dealer. They are giving me $300 off MSRP as a loyal dealer customer and the BMW-funded $750 loyalty incentive. That's it.

I ordered the car on Feb 3, and it finally reached the dealership this week. Do I have any leverage to get a better deal, or is this a good deal given the new car buying climate? It is definitely not a buyer's market.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or recommendations you may have.
Well, you've got two options: One, tell them that you no longer want the car at the agreed to price, but are willing to renegotiate; Two, take it for the negotiated agreement.

Obviously, the risk with #1 is that the dealership takes a chance and says, "We'll try selling it to someone else."
Appreciate 0