View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #12
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

HiFi system in EU (marketed as standard in the US) is better than I expected. I have it in my car. It's a decent system that can be upgraded significantly by replacing center, front and rear speakers with ETON BMW plug-n-play speakers. (No need to upgrade woofers). Total cost of this is 380 €uros.

I am in the middle of this process and have just replaced the front speakers and the improvement is very noticable. Stronger and more precive kick-bass. Clearer mid-range and much much nicer high-range. I'm really enyoing it now.

I'm gonna do the rear and center speaker replacement in the next week or two. I expect improved kick-bass and mid-range quality from the rear speakers, and a centered stage with the center speaker.

Speakers you need is:
- 4 x Eton B 100 W for front and rear doors (you'll just leave out tweeters for rear doors)
- 1 x Eton B 100 XCN for the center speaker.
(see images below)

If you're not all about ground shaking bass, this will be a very nice system as the sound will be clear, warm and natural.

Other option is BavSound stage 1 upgrade which replaces the same set of speakers but is a bit more expensive (performance is comparable to Eton option).

Attached Images

Last edited by Calamari; 11-12-2019 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0