zab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by anasryadi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zab View Post
Got "Special identification 2" newly listed on myBMW tracker too. I guess that is actual the touch screen deletion. Just BMW did not yet put a descriptive string into the system.

My SA found code 6UY in the dealer tracking system with no string after it, just the code.
Don't scare people, you can't guess it's the touch screen deletion. I called bmw and they checked and found out that "special identification 2" is just an internal code to help with the assembly in the factory and it's removed once the assembly is over.
Thanks for checking. And that's exactly what I mean by "guess", I don't have a clue and it can be wrong. The best way to confirm is still to check if your vin has option 6UY.

But also don't trust BMW genius too much, they've been giving me contradicting info every time I called.
A fact is that my car has finished production a month ago, and it is currently on a boat in the middle of ocean, while the tracker still lists special identification 2. Maybe it is for some retrofitting work. I don't known.
Appreciate 1