Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeshiJin View Post
I am totally against coding in B&W AKA Bowers & Wilkins. People Stop calling it B&O already; because it's not!

Anyways that aside. Bowers & Wilkins sound profiles definitely sound different and will have more profiles to expand the sound stage. However NONE of them except STUDIO is completely accurate due to the software coding and actual amp to channels to physical speakers configuration. If you use onstage it will use all 16 Channel in which the Harman Amp has only 10 in which only 9 are used (BMW Logic). When you change the Sound Stage from Studio to —> Onstage in the Bowers & Wilkins profile it's CLEARLY Underpowered and missing channels it will give you a surround effect at the cost of the music being heavily underpowered and plus it will have missing Frequencies period.

So unless you're purely listening in STUDIO in Bowers & Wilkins it's not worth it.

Tweaking the EQ from the forums provided feedback / screenshot is the best way to listen with Logic 7 (Surround).

Other Options :

Cheap Solution : Swap out the subwoofers fixes your Bass needs.
$800 $600 D.IY.
2x Focal or Bavsound Subwoofers + Shop Install

Speaker solution
2-2.5k For All 16 speakers replacement from Bavsound or Focal Speakers Plus Shop Install.

Full Solution = 4-4.5k : For Full Speaker Replacements + Match 10 DSP + AMP signal (Will be better then 80% of named Systems out there excluding those Signature Reference Audio with ceiling / backrest speakers IE BMW B&W 4D Diamond, Meridian Reference Signature, Naim, ... etc)
B&W yes, too many ampersands. I can’t keep them all straight. Anyway, that’s what I did. B&W, studio setting, push the fader a touch to the rear, and tweak the EQ a touch to my personal preference. It’s not amazing but it’s tolerable and better than anything I did in HK. And it was free. Something to think about if you aren’t happy with HK but don’t want to starting dropping big bucks on your stereo system.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0