View Single Post
      10-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Having a problem with a forum member (tma1c)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445364

Above is my post from the forum. I made VERY detailed pictures and descriptions of the items I provided for sale. Tma1c was interested in the Carbon Fiber (CF) grills, CF fender flares, CF hood vents, and CF steering wheel trim (Please see URL at top). Tma1c immediately wanted to purchase three of the four (CF hood vents, steering wheel trim, and fender flares) outright without even reading the descriptions. I told Tma1c that the hood vents had discoloration and wanted to warn him. Tma1c asked for MULTIPLE pictures, including different angles, lighting, and all three side by side. Tma1c, at first, didn't want the hood vents and decided to change his mind if I returned the $75 to him. I agreed and returned his $75. The following day, he says he wants the CF grill and would return the $75 + $25 for the CF grill. I agreed and received the sum.

Several days later, I received a PM, email, and text message from Tma1c saying he was unsatisfied with the items, "CF is hard to tell the condition untill they are infront of you," and wanted a refund. I agreed and told him to send me the items back and I will issue him a refund -(minus) $100 for my inconvenience and that I paid $60 for shipping it to him insured and tracked. He, then, argued and that it was not fair and threatened to dispute in Paypal. I offered more ideas and he did NOT agree with any of them. He decided to dispute it through Paypal.

The CF grills, hood vents, fender flares, and steering wheel trim are cosmetic items. Any cosmetic items on a car will eventually scratch, from light swirl marks to rock chips. It is common sense; it's a car; it's meant to be driven on the road. In my post I had detailed descriptions on discoloration and bubbling if ANY of the items had those traits. Tma1c said it himself "CF is hard to tell the condition untill they are infront of you" and I told him they were sold as is.

Tma1c threatened me saying he will tarnish my name on the forums and give me negative feedback as long as disputing it on Paypal. I wanted to let the members know my side of the story.

UPDATE: PAYPAL TOOK MY SIDE OF THE STORY AND CLOSED THE DISPUTE.

Last edited by chungdae; 10-29-2010 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0