Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everkidd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMED View Post
I still wanna see an actual drag race between an a North American 382HP M340xi and a current M3 or M4.....
I don't have anything from a dig, but from a roll I pulled away without issue.

Cold temps (6 Celsius), F80 stock tune with only a catback exhaust.
I'd also enjoy seeing an actual head to head matchup of the M340i and M3! How do they perform comparatively from a dig from a roll on the track etc.

It's a somewhat apples to oranges comparison but given the relative price point of used F80 M3's and the new M340i, think it's likely that some people could be potentially Cross shopping the two.

The outgoing M car is going to be more raw and focused on performance but the new M340i has the newest styling and technology which appeals to some buyers. I have looked at the two cars and test driven both and I can see pros/cons to each... I think a true enthusiast would still want a lightly used M3...But seen a real world performance comparison would be really interesting
This analysis is spot on.

I've seen a good amount of M340i's around now and I think they look great.

Styling-wise I still think the M3/4 stands out quite a bit more (the M340i is still the standard 3 series chassis, even if it has some extra flare with some M bits). I'd actually really like to test drive one though!

Really excited to see the styling and performance of the G80 M3/4 (massive grill and all!)
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
JTO245271.50