View Single Post
      02-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #14
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I have had three straight M3's. Great cars, but in all those years I never once took it to the track.

Took some nice road trips. Lots of runs to the office. To the middle school and high school more times than we can possibly count. Stop and shop, Whole Foods, and many many restaurants.

Speed is great, but the allure of the M car, for me anyways, has always been the wonderfully balanced and unflappable chassis. A word of caution. Driving a true M car for any length of time ruins you. Every other car you get into feels sloppy and floaty. I know BMW had gone soft in recent years, but even the m550 feels like a Buick.

I took the M340 home for a 3 day weekend long test drive. I wanted to be sure. It is a beautiful car. In many ways, BETTER than the current M3. I feel I can say that having owned two over 5 years and having driven a combined 75,000 miles in them.

M cars can be high strung. Hyper. It is fun to drive like a hooligan, but it can be embarrassing when your car shows up popping, cracking and farting (cold starts in the M3 competition are LOUD) to that nice restaurant valet on a Saturday night.

After I put some miles on the M340 I plan on writing a nice seat of the pants review. I have already decided to be brutally honest with my assessment.

My last two M cars were white/black.

My M340 is Tanzanite/cognac. Daring.

Wish that damn boat went faster.
Appreciate 6
EXE462100.00
Remonster824.00