View Single Post
      04-17-2024, 04:27 PM   #28
HudsonHornett
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CSL, BMW X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
^^^ That’s two different cars man. The Taycan would be a little faster than itself if it had more power itself. Some of that can be used and made up in the straight, but in all actuality, if the driver of this CS would have fucked with his lapel a little less and not missed a shift, I’m sure at least a single second could have been shaved off. Lol The car is also all over the place and heavy-looking in the turns. He’s got it in 4WD, which does change the dynamics out of a corner and I’m not sure if he tried it in 4WD Sport to see if it would have helped the times at all. Same power, more weight than the CSL and handling differences from the AWD system is enough to make it go slower, but this video does make it look much heavier of a car than the CSL was with supposedly the same driver. Maybe he’ll run another time and get faster… the first CSL time wasn’t the fastest either and was superseded by a faster one at a later date.
It is quite a bit heavier than the CSL. Also, a few years back BMW did classify how their cars should be viewed with CSL meaning “most track focused car” CS meaning “can be used on track” and Competition to mean “high performance road car that you can take to the track”. I think there’s a picture of the actual definitions somewhere, I’ll see if I can find it. But it shouldn’t be surprising that the CSL has the best time, it’s on more track focused tyres (the Cup 2 R) and it’s at least 100-150kg lighter. 4WD doesn’t count for much on a dry race track, it’s useful for off the line performance and low traction conditions (when it’s wet).