View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 02:27 PM   #43
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Individ: 99 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
The new Tanzanite Blue II is absolutely stunning. It's something you really have to see in person, to appreciate how rich the color is.

Thanks for the thoughts on how Merino leather holds up over time. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with how specifically the blue leather looks as it ages. Black ages very well. White can do ok, but can appear dingy as time goes on. Maroon leather can look very sharp the beginning, but to me looks dated as the car and leather age. Here's an older BMW with Amarone/maroon. How about blue?

OP, beautiful car in and out. Hope you have many years of joy with it.

As far as blue Merino, I don't have a lot of it but overall has held up quite well on my 2016 F31. Merino holds up quite well as long as you treat it at least once a year.

Here's my 2011 X5 with Napa and it's held up quite well overall. It's due for a steam clean though.

Driver's side bolster:

Sorry to go off topic OP. Just that for many years you hear people say stay away from the nicer and more supple leather because they don't hold up. That simply isn't true.

Back to topic. I've seen Tanzanite in person on a bright sunny day and it's gorgeous in the sun. What's different about Tanzanite II??