10-16-2023, 04:28 AM   #365
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendre View Post
Hi,

Luckily, the central speaker issue came from the plastic cover vibration under high volume which was easy to fix.
Oh yeah. That's a standard thing on all G20's. It's well documented on this forum and is fixed easily with a few pieces of felt tape.

Quote:
I bought the apm and harness from the Ukrainian distributor of AF. You can contact them to see if they can ship to your location. You can also check the list of distributors on their site. And don't buy the MEC IN module as you don't really need it: it's better to build the center channel directly in the amp rather than clean up the original center.
That's a useful info. If I recall correctly I also mixed the center channel in Matchup7 amp on my G20 internally and completely ignored the center channel input from the headunit for the same reason.

Quote:
There is no problem with the indicator sound and no car engine noise. I do not think that my car has the ASD - possibly only M engine versions like M340 have it. If your car is equipped with ASD, you can buy a bypass harness from Audison, ESX, or any other brand. (https://nl.audison.eu/products/ap-h-asd-bypass/)
Good luck!
My G21 will come with M sport pack, so ASD is going to be there. Good to know that there is the option to disable it if it's a problem.

A little offtopic: How are you happy with your 330xd? I'm having a G21 330d MHEV on order right not. Decided to go with the only non M 6 cylinder option in the lineup exactly cause it feels like a major upgrade compared to all 4-cylinder engines. And I also felt like the big diesel works good in a touring. Better than 330i which needs to rev more.
Appreciate 0