View Single Post
      11-24-2023, 10:04 AM   #368
perryinva
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4S30i 2019 X3x30i

This is by far the best thread for Match Up DSPs I have found anywhere. The manufacturers are useless in providing useful profiles. I own a 2022 G29 (Z4) which is 676 RAM equipped. I bought the 8DSP and harness and installed them, with DSP wired to the battery. No problems there. Getting the sound right is the problem, as well as minimizing the damn ASD. I coded it off with Bimmercode and before the 8DSP, it seemed to be gone. Added the 8DSP, and it now can still be heard, just louder when coded On. So I had to reduce gains to minimize (but never eliminate) the ASD.

BUT here, I’m reading about how some have the same issue but others do not. Anyone have a handle on what is needed to kill that crap?

Also, this thread was the first place I have seen where using Aux R/L as inputs to the channels can be used as full frequency inputs!! I haven’t tried it yet, but does anyone know if the same is true for RAM equipped systems? I see where encanto mentioned that no RAM inputs arw full frequency. But then whybare there AUX inputs then? If they are full frequency then why wouldn’t everyone just use AUX for the inputs to everything instead of Front R/L?

The amp makes the OE HIFI speakers quite bearable, especially the “subs” which in the Z4 are directly behind the seats so they have more impact than the under seat locations, which I have/had in my current 2019 X3 and Minis in the past. I have to go through the thread again, but I am looking for a successful profile from a G20 with base US HIFI, that I can modify with the correct distances and arrangements. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!
Appreciate 0