10-21-2020, 03:37 AM   #29
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelark View Post
I was indeed booked in with the expectation that both points would be addressed. The JCT600 main call centre confirmed this would be the case, offering me a slot on Monday having only called them last Friday afternoon.

As usual the garage need your car all day, so a 10am drop on Monday morning evolved into a 5:30pm call for me to collect, so I sacked it off until this morning.

Happy days I thought having watched the Mrs empty half the tank in a week of not doing many miles

'We have resolved one of the recalls' my service assistant joyfully began his let down speech, followed by 'but you can't use it'.

So yes, they replaced the 3 pin plug charger.

All they could offer regarding the 'do not charge' issue was quotes from BMW internal communication stating that as of yet the cause was still unknown.

Of course, once I was back in my car, the initial disappointment faded having accepted that there is nothing I can do about it, along with the regular 'that looks nice' stares on the way home brought me back round .
Told me 1-2 hrs so waiting with the car.

Seems a bit of a farce to be honest if there isn't a fix. Will definitely be getting my fuel receipts ready.

Gone: '18 Golf GTI Performance DSG in Tungsten
Appreciate 0