View Single Post
      09-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #6
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Went to Pinehurst in July for a week. Stayed at the Carolina, which was very nice. Great buffet breakfast each morning prior to golf, but you have to wear slacks and closed toe shoes to dinner. The restaurant at the Holly, 1895 Grill, is better, be sure to eat there, but you will need reservations. The courses are phenomenal. I played #8, #2, #4, and #9. Walked #2 with a caddy. Great golf course, and I got goose bumps thinking about everyone who had walked those fairways before me. There is a very nice wine shop in Southern Pines, about five minutes away. Our days consisted of breakfast together, then the girls went to the spa and the guys to the course. We ate lunch whereever, then met again in the afternoon for relaxation in the rockers on the front porch of the Carolina ( usually with wine). Then walked to dinner, and repeat the porch. Next day, do it again. What a great week! Didn't even use my car after I went to the wine shop, the village shuttles take you whever you need to go, and they will even pick you up in Raleigh at the airport. Hope you have as good a time as we did.

BTW - you will not lose a ball on #2, but you may not like where you find it!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10768.50