View Single Post
      03-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #1080
5against8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80. 3 pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

The other thing is, with the size of the luxury coupe market shrinking slowly but surely, these new products seem strangely ill timed. Its marketing gymnastics to keep them from overlapping too much with each other.

Will BMW be in the same spot? Too early to tell. It all seems a bit fragile though.
I wonder how much CLAR/35up helps BMW with this to reduce cost (and I don't know if MB/AMG has anything similar). Supposedly all G0X, G1X, G2X, G3X and F9X will have some sort of shared architecture, which might shift the break-even point down a bit for a given niche model.

Either way, BMW should position an M car to compete with the 911 imo. Either by moving the next base M4 slightly upmarket or with the "new M6". Or should i say "continue to position". The F82 did beat the base 991 in a C&D comparo, and this is the same C&D that's been increasingly harsh of F8Xs as of late.