View Single Post
      11-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #73
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
So CarPlay is an option that requires the premium package AND requires a yearly subscription fee along with that? Seems a bit much. I thought they were going to include it for all cars and you could choose whether or not to pay for it.

Wireless charging is $500. Geez. I guess this shouldn't be too surprising especially for the first year.

On another note, it looks like the non runflat tires are only available with the track package which requires adaptive suspension. Bummer. The only way to get the LSD and M Sport Brakes are by ordering the track handling package. Again, I assume this is only for the first year run. A real THP should come with passive dampers, IMO.

Yeah this for me is excessive. Buying premium pack makes me feel like "i'm paying money for carplay and won't even use it". Mercedes has android auto AND carplay for $350 on the C class, and there isn't an annual fee (I use android, so premium pack is well that much less valuable to me). Wireless charging is ridiculous for that price too. You can buy a 3 coil charging pad and wire it into that little tray for ~$10...... I guess all manufacturers are guilty of this, the dealership I bought my audi at, ordered "smartphone cables (1 micro usb and 1 lightning)" for $180 msrp on every A4 they had.
Appreciate 0