07-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #53
wknddrivr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geddylee View Post
I think this is a problem with the brand right now. I drive a 3 series because it's all I've driven since I was 21. I can afford any car BMW makes and none of them entice me to spend more money. Part of it is the cars try to please everyone now so there is no more strong emotionally connected driving cars that don't have corporate cost cutting in the interiors (2 and 3 series). They still make very good cars, but if was going to lease something say for 1000 bucks a month it's going to be another brand like a Porsche as an example.
This

The M2c is the only current BMW that I have any emotional draw to. I'm driving a G30 5 series and while it's excellent in so many areas, I'd be completely indifferent replacing it with an accord or civic. Sure, the 5 is better than those two cars, but I wouldn't miss it the way I miss my E90 328 6mt.

My plan is to either replace the 530 in a year with an M2c, G80 M3, or go old school and get an E39 5 series. The current BMW lineup has some good cars, but the M2c is the only one good enough to justify the cost for me, I feel like the G30 was a waste of money...probably worth it as a 3 year old cpo though.

Most cars these days are bland, but I agree, Porsche is bucking the trend of trying to appeal to everyone and a Cayman would be my next car if I didn't have to get a GT4 to get a flat 6
Appreciate 0