Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
What does everyone think of the Bridgestone Turanzas fitted as standard? For normal daily drives including freeways, bad highways, suburban doddling do you think they are great/good/bad/terrible??
Mine came with Pirelli P zero from the factory. They are pretty good. Wet weather grip is not as good as some Michelins I've had before in previous cars. I also think the Pirelli wears faster. One good thing with Bridgestone runflats is that they can be repaired when punctured. Pirellis are unrepairable and require a completely new tyre.
Pirelli RFT is unrepairable? Where did you get that from? So, not true. First hand experience right here.
I've had a long discussion about RFTs with the manager of a major tyre chain here in Australia (Bob Jane). It's what the tyre manufacturers recommend and they have to follow the rules accordingly to avoid legal liabilities. I'm sure RFTs can be safely repaired if not driven for long distance (or at all) whilst deflated, but here in downunderland, it's a bit of a nanny state when it comes to these things.

It may be possible to find some smaller tyre places that will repair them.
Appreciate 0